Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any other questions not answered here, please contact Ceremonies and Events.

I am a person with special needs, who should I call?

For further information concerning arrangements for special needs (i.e. mobility assistance, captioning, interpreting services, etc.) please contact the Disability Resource Centre at 250.807.9263 at least two weeks prior to your ceremony.

Back to top

Do my guests need tickets for convocation?

No. Guests do not require actual tickets to attend convocation. However, due to the seating capacity of the gymnasium, students may submit RSVPs for their guests starting in April. This information is only for the purposes of ensuring that there are an adequate number of seats for guests.

No tickets will be issued for your guests. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

For more information and to RSVP please visit Guest Seating.

Back to top

Who do I contact if I want to have grad photos taken prior to graduation day?

Please see the Preparing to Graduate page to see when photos have been arranged prior to Convocation by the Advising and Involvement Centre.

Back to top

Are the ceremonies videotaped or photographed?

Yes, all ceremonies are videotaped and photographed. Please visit our archived webcast page or approximately 3-4 weeks after Convocation to watch videos of the ceremonies online. Please visit Graduation Photos for more information about photography services available on your Convocation day.

Download a personalized video of your walk across the stage through StageClip. 

Back to top

I’m not sure if I am graduating, who do I contact?

For information relating to degree requirements please contact your faculty/school. Also, you can check your application status online through the Student Services Centre. Login, go to Applications: Graduation, on the left side of the menu, select the correct degree program, then hit the Get/Edit/View Application button.

Back to top

I haven’t rented my gown yet, what do I need to do and who do I contact?

Information about gown rental will be available courtesy of the UBC Bookstore Okanagan in April. For any other information regarding gowns, hoods, and mortarboards (hats) please contact the UBC Bookstore Okanagan at 250.807.9246 or
Back to top

I’ve missed the gown rental deadline. Can I still rent a graduation gown?

Yes. You can still rent your grad gown on the day of your ceremony. Please see UBC Bookstore Okanagan for more information.

Back to top

My degree is listed wrong, what should I do?

Contact the Graduation department of Enrolment Services at

Back to top

What is a procession number?

Your procession number tells you the order in which you will cross the stage. For each ceremony, the students are divided alphabetically by specialization (e.g. Anthropology majors before Economics majors) and then alphabetically by last name. Your procession number can be found on the Student Service Centre by viewing your grad application.

Back to top

I have a double major- which group do I cross the stage with?

We sort the majors alphabetically, so a double major in Biology and Physics would graduate with the Biology majors.

I’m graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts in English, French, Spanish, Creative Writing, Culture Studies, and/or Art History. Which ceremony am I a part of?

You will be a part of the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies ceremony. If unsure, please visit your grad application information in the Student Service Centre.

I specified that I wasn’t able to attend my grad ceremony. Now I can. Is it okay if I go? Who do I contact?

You’ll be able to change your selection on the Student Service Centre (SSC) until June 1. If you miss the deadline and would like to change your selection to attending, email Enrolment Services at If you haven’t ordered a gown and the rental deadline has passed, you can order and pay for one on the day of. For more information, please see Graduation Gowns.

I specified that I was going to attend my grad ceremony, but I wasn’t able to go. How do I obtain my diploma?

Please contact Enrolment Services at